Keeping You Business Safe Online
Being online is now compulsory for most businesses to connect to their customers. Although it is extremely important that sensitive data and information kept secure and private.
Cybercrime has become a massive part of online businesses. There are a number of ways small businesses and advisors may be targeted, here are a few things to look out for;
- Hacking of email accounts- fake invoices are quite common, where they are sent out with fraudulent bank details on
- Bogus emails- there are also a lot of email’s going around which contain links for you to click in, but instead of being the landing page you thought they can send malicious software to your PC.
- Phishing emails- these are sent to email inboxes to gain access to information such as credit card details or bank account numbers.
It is crucial that online safety is taken seriously. Everyone needs takes the right measures needed to ensure they are safe online. See below a few simple but key examples of what you can do;
- Passwords- By having a strong, unique password which is never shared with anyone is simple but affective. Seems like a lot of passwords? You can use Password-safe software to help you manage them
- All software should be kept updated with security patches.
- Back-up data- All data should be backed up regularly and back-ups are to be kept on separate source systems.
- Two-Factor authentication- This allows the extra security barrier making your data even more safer.
Security at Xero
We here at JacRox ensure that all our data is kept secure. Using Xero’s online cloud accounting system your accounting data is stored safely. If your computer is stolen your account is backed up and protected.
JacRox and Xero are committed to the online security of their customers data. Providing multi layers of protection for the personal and financial information you trust to Xero.
- You control access- With Xero you can control who the users are and how many users you would like. Xero’s customer support staff cannot access your information unless you grant this.
- Data encryption- Any data between you and Xero is encrypted using industry- standard TLS (Transport Layer Security)
- Security monitoring- Security systems, event logs & alerts from all systems are continuously monitored to identify treats.
If you want to know more about JacRox & Xero’s online security then please do get in touch with a member of our team today on either 0800 020 9542 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.