Here are some important deadlines and dates as from September 2017.
- 8th September 2017 – Finance Bill- This has now been published and can be found by clicking here
- 30th September 2017-CTSA- any company returns for accounting periods ended 30th September 2016 should be with HMRC. VAT deadline- This is for businesses registered in the UK that incurred EU VAT during 2015 to submit claims under the European VAT reclaim scheme. Company accounts-Public companies with the year-end 31st March 2017 and public companies with the year-end 31st December 2016 should file their accounts at companies house.
- 5th October 2017– This is the final day for individuals who are not registered for self-assessment to notify HMRC of changeability to income tax or CGT (Capital Gains Tax) for 2016/17. If you are a partner then you will need to complete a form SA401. If you are self-employed you should complete the CWF1 form.
- 6th October 2017– Pensions- This will be the final day for pension administrators to give pension a savings statement to members (if their pension inputs in the scheme in 2016/17 exceed the annual allowance).
- 19th & 22nd October 2017– Employers deadline to pay tax and class 1B NICs due under PAYE settlement agreements for 2016/17. If you pay by cheque then you will have to do this by 19th October otherwise the deadline for electronic payments is the 22nd October 2017. Penalties will apply if the payments are late.
- 31st October 2017– This is the deadline to file paper tax returns for 2016/17. Any returns for accounting periods ended 31st October 2016 should reach HMRC.
- 30th November 2017– Returns for accounting periods 30th November 2016 should reach HMRC. Also any private companies with the 28th February 2017 year-ends and public companies with 31st May 2017 year-ends should file their accounts with Companies House.
We can help you with all of the above. Get in touch with a member of our team today on either 0800 020 9542 or email us on email@example.com.