Here are some important deadlines and dates for 2017 which you may need to know…
1st January 2017
- Raw tobacco registration scheme commences
31st January 2017
- Filing date for the 2015/16 personal partnership and trust returns filed online, or for paper returns that cannot be filed online
- Those who did not file their paper return by the 31st October 2016 will incur £10 daily penalties if they do not file by today (file electronically to avoid the penalties)
- Balancing payment for 2015/16 and first payment on account
- Deadline to pay class 2 NIC for 2015/16
- Deadline to file an outstanding 2014/15 return to aviod a tax-geared penalty
- Deadline to file an outstanding 2012/13 return to displace a determination
1st February 2017
- ITSA: penalty charged where 2016 self assessment tax return was not filed on time and was issued before 1st November 2016.
- ITSA: third late payment penalty due of 5% of any 2014/15 income tax and capital gains tax due on 31st January 2016 and remaining unpaid on this date.
14th February 2017
- NIC: last day HMRC will accept an application to defer class 1 NIC for 2016/17. Applications made after that date and before 6th April 2017 will only be considered by HMRC with the agreement of the employer(s).
28th February 2017
- CTSA- returns for accounting periods ended 28/29th February 2016 should reach HMRC.
- Company accounts: private companies with 31st May 2016 year-ends and public companies with 31st August 2016 year-ends should file their accounts at Companies House.
2nd March 2017
- ITSA: 5% penalty imposed on 2015/16 income tax, CGT and class 4 NIC not paid by today, The penalty can be avoided if a time to pay arrangement is agreed in advance.
31st March 2017
- CTSA- returns for accounting periods ended 31st March 2015 should reach HMRC.
- Company tax: final date for reclaim of tax paid by a close company on a loan to a participators if loan repaid during financial year ended 31st March 2013
- Company tax: vaccine research relief ends when its state aid clearance expires today
- Company accounts: private companies with 20th June 106 year-ends and public companies with 30th September 2016 year-ends should file their accounts at Companies House.
If you need help with completing your tax return then call a member of our team today on 0800 020 9542.